Tip #4 Know the Risks
There’s a saying that says,
If you tell them ahead of time, it’s an explanation
But if you tell them afterwards, it’s an excuse
Set the expected downtime and results by using simple statistics such as, “4 out of of my patients return to work within one week” or “We have had 98% success rate”. That way, if they don’t get a satisfactory result, they will recollect there was a small chance they would be that 1 out of 5 or the 2%.
Another good procedure to follow is to have the patient read out loud each point on your consent form and initial it. Their retention will be better and they are more likely to recall doing remember reading about that risk.
Catherine Maley, MBA is Author of Your Aesthetic Practice/What Your Patients Are Saying. She is President of Cosmetic Image Marketing and has a team that provides done-for-you and ready-made marketing tools, staff training products and consulting services to drive aesthetic profits. Visit Catherine and www.CosmeticImageMarketing.com or call her at (877) 339-8833.
Catherine Maley, MBA is a business/marketing consultant to plastic surgeons. She speaks at medical conferences all over the world on cash practice building and trains staff to be converting rock stars. | View Author Profile | Get a Free Copy of her popular book, Your Aesthetic Practice: What Your Patients Are Saying